Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grant has found his hands!

Well, sort of. We noticed the past couple of days that he's enjoyed sucking on his scratch-mittens a lot. If I take off his mittens, his hands will go directly into his mouth. He doesn't suck fingers, but instead balls up his fist and sucks on that. So today, we had his burp towel in his lap and noticed that if it gets on his hands in a way that he can get it up to his face, he will suck on the towel. We thought it was just coincidence, but he's starting to do it every time now.

On the way to daycare this morning, I put a lovie in his car seat with him. A lovie is a soft blanket about the size of a hankerchief, with a stuffed animal head and arms attached to one corner. This particular lovie is one that I got for him the day after I found out I was pregnant. It's a green frog with satin lining one side. I put it in his car seat and he immediately got it up to his face and began sucking on it. It was so sweet! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grant and Ryan thank you for leaving a comment!