Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9 months old!

It's hard to believe that 9 months is already gone.  I look at Grant these days, and I see more of the little boy he will become, and less of the baby we've always known.  Until his 9-month appointment on Thursday, we don't know his size and length measurements, but here is a list of things he "does" these days.

  • Grant can say lots of ba-ba-bas and da-da-das, and rarely la-la and ma-ma, although we've been working on that last one!
  • He is eating stage 3 foods from a jar - these are more chunky in nature and closer to eating real food than purees.
  • He can turn a full 360 degrees on his tummy if he wants an object.
  • He can sometimes scootch backward on his tummy.
  • He has developed a ticklish rib cage!
  • He has definitely developed separation anxiety, and will cry the moment I leave a room.  Not so much with Rob, but if he sees me, it's all over.  It's also near impossible to do anything when we get home from daycare because he wants to be held. NON. STOP.  
  • He has begun waking up in the middle of the night wanting one of us to comfort him.  Most times, he will not go back to sleep without being brought into our bed.  This is a pretty terrible sleeping situation, if you ask me. We are diligent about putting him in his crib to start the night, so maybe he'll grow out of this the older he gets.

Last night, we went to Nonna and Grandpa's house for a Labor Day barbecue.  By the time we got home, Grant was pooped.  While we were getting ready for bed, we sat Grant on our bed and gave him one of the remotes (battery-free!) that he loves to play with.  He was so cute and sleepy.  We came to the realization that he doesn't know how to lie down from a sitting position when he gets sleepy, so we found him in this position.  Poor sleepy boy!



2 comments:

  1. You have GOT to stop showing me things like this. I'm already DYING for Harper to hurry up and get here, and I've even started begging The Guy for a puppy in what he recognizes as a desperate attempt to mother a surrogate baby in the meantime.

    BUT THIS IS SO CUTE, NO PUPPY WILL DO!

    NO PUPPY, I TELL YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait. Once Harper gets here, you'll secretly wish she were back in your tummy. Someone tried telling me this once, and I was like, "WOMAN ARE YOU CRAZY?" But, it's true. I have fallen victim to the "I miss when you were all contained inside my tummy" thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Grant and Ryan thank you for leaving a comment!