Thursday, November 29, 2012

Grant Says...

I thought I'd put a list of some of the things Grant's been saying lately.  He's talking so much.  Sometimes, he rambles on about something, that neither of us can understand, and will end the whole thing with, "alright".  Like he has so much to say and can't get it out!

He can pretty much try to repeat anything we say, and regularly does.  We have to watch our language around him, for sure!

I'll put the phrase on the left, and the interpretation on the right!

I lub-you! - I love you!
nigh-nigh - night night
painkay - pancakes (this is always said with much gusto!)
fridder - 'frigerator'
Pah-kah - Parker
Coe - Cole
sruck - truck
Gam-pa - Grandpa
I nuh no - I don't know
where you - Where are you?
Der it is! - There it is!
I dee it! - I did it!
Cwismas - Christmas tree or Christmas lights
apple pie - applesauce
Aunt Deba - Aunt Debra
nana - banana

Other things he says with no interpretation required:

cookie
paci
bye-bye
bubbles
milk
doubles (this is a ball-throwing game he plays with Daddy)
let's go
high chair
door
Mama's car
Dada's car
Nonna
yes
no
oatmeal
toot





3 comments:

  1. SO PRECIOUS.

    Harper says a lot of words, and she talks to herself (not in English) in what are apparently full sentences, but I can't WAIT until we can have, you know, reliable verbal communication with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Grant! Nonna and Grandpa wish we were there to celebrate with you but we will see you soon. Tell mommy to publish a birthday picture today!

    Love,

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete

Grant and Ryan thank you for leaving a comment!